At Shannon Passineau Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, we are excited to offer Invisalign to our patients to help them achieve a healthy, beautiful smile for life. Many have probably seen or heard about "invisible braces". Invisalign is an amazing technology that allows clear aligners to gently & effectively move teeth into more ideal positions. Invisalign is a great way touch-up previously completed orthodontic care or to align crooked teeth that have never been treated previously. At Shannon Passineau Cosmetic & Family Dentistry we customize our Invisalign treatment to your smile. We take the time to discuss all options for you to achieve optimal health & esthetics.
Check out some frequently asked questions regarding Invisalign:
- Am I too old for Invisalign? In most cases No, almost everyone can be treated with Invisalign, there is no age maximum; however, overall dental health must be considered when deciding if you are a candidate for Invisalign
- Are there any conditions that Invisalign can not treat? Yes, as with any tooth straightening system, not all movements can be made with Invisalign. Some cases will require the guidance of an orthodontist and we would be happy to refer you if you do not meet the qualifications for Invisalign
- Does insurance cover Invisalign? This is a difficult question to answer, some insurances offer an adult orthodontic credit, some do not, our front desk team can help you determine your benefits at your initial Invisalign consult appointment
- Will my teeth hurt while wearing aligners? Yes, teeth can be sore for the first few days after changing aligners, we recommend OTC pain meds for any discomfort
- Is Invisalign really "invisible"? For most patients, you truly do not notice the Invisalign aligners. As with any new appliance there will be an adjustment period & speech may be impacted until you become acclimated to your new aligners.